The MSC website exists to provide you with resources and information to help you plan and prepare for a safe, and enjoyable, experience in NZ’s outdoors.
When you use the MSC website we only collect a minimal amount of data about your use of and experience on the site, to do this we use the standard Google Analytics. We don’t collect any personal information that can identify you.
If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect some basic personal information from you. It is your choice to subscribe.
We will never share your identifiable personal information with a third party without your consent. If you’ve subscribed to our newsletter we will digitally communicate with you, but only for the purposes related to MSC and our prevention work. You can unsubscribe from our communication at any time. You can access the personal information we hold about you at any time and you can request that data be deleted at any time.
- When you provide personal information to us, we will comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
- The personal information you provide to us is collected and may be used for communicating with you, and contribute to statistical analysis, research and development.
- Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, some of the circumstances in which we may do this are:
- to service providers and other persons working with us to make the website available or improve or develop its functionality (e.g. we may use a third party supplier to host the website);
- in relation to the proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets;
- or, where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a legitimate request by a law enforcement agency.
- Any personal information you provide to us may be stored on the secure servers of our trusted service providers, which may be located outside New Zealand. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries which have less legal protection for personal information than New Zealand.
- You have the right to request access to, and correction of, any of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com.